July 2, 2012

極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス 体験版 (Virtue's Last Reward Japanese Demo) REVIEW



I absolutely adore the game “999: 9 Hours, 9 Doors, 9 Persons” on the Nintendo DS. For a solid three to four months, 999 infested my brain and made me think. I actually learned from the game! That is a freaking concept! Learning from a serious game! I learned about the concept of Morphic Resonance, the crystallization of Glycerin, Ice-9, Hexadecimals, The Gigantic, and much more.

Ever since I 100% beat 999, I missed my experience with that game. But soon, I nearly fainted when I heard of the upcoming sequel for the 3DS and PSVITA, “極限脱出ADV  善人シボウデス 体験版” (Good People Die), or in the US, “Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward”. When I got my Vita, I registered it with my Japanese PSN account and downloaded the Demo for VLR.

Even though I don't understand much Japanese, I played through the demo with no issues.

The game looks very promising. The characters are modeled in full 3D. I have noticed that they move with the same fluidity as the 2D sprites from 999. The game is fully voiced (except for the MC, Sigma). Although, some controls are kinda bulky. You have various ways of input; you can rotate the screen via touch, joysticks, or with the L and R buttons. You can tap on an object with the joystick or by touching it. The joystick input is rather twitchy, but works. Touch controls, to me, work better than button controls.

Hopefully the US will get an english version of the demo soon so I can get that hit of Zero Escape until it's release in October.

Here are a few screen-shots:





No comments:

Post a Comment