July 2, 2012

999: 9 Hours, 9 Doors, 9 Persons REVIEW


This game... I don't know where to start. It is amazing. Usually people will pass when it comes to text based games, but this game is different. Think a game like iSpy or Professor Layton but they got 20 years more mature.

It has six multiple endings! Six! That is as much as Devil Survivor! But that isn't the best part, there is a new game plus! I mean, thats pretty legit for a text-based puzzle point-n-click. Needless to say, it will keep you up for a while. It also requires smarts and lots of time. So you kids looking for professor Layton, go elsewhere. Oh yeah, and why did I yell at my poor DS? Well, I got the bad ending (or one of them). But it wasn't that I got the bad ending, it was how the ending played out. It seemed that I was in the clear and winning the game but then... STAB.....*gurgle*.....I was dead.... That isn't keeping me away. No sir. It is worth the shouting and curling up in a ball while trying to solve one of Zero's puzzles. It truly is.

This review is not my most "in-depth review". Expect an updated review soon...


UPDATE: As of early this year, Aksys and Chun Soft have announced the sequel, "Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward". It is said to come out October of 2012! Yay!  A review on the Japanese Demo here.


No comments:

Post a Comment